Safety is our Number One Priority
A few days ago we all heard this horrific story in the news, a construction company’s worst nightmare, an accident causing fatalities. Human error is thought to be one of the main causes of this accident. While our company doesn’t work on this large scale, we do take every job and the safety of all involved, very seriously. Studies show that each day, on average, two construction workers die of work-related injuries in the United States!
Glikas Construction abides by all regulations provided by the Occupational Health and Safety Administration and strive to maintain the highest standards of safety on all of our jobsites in order to protect ourselves, our client and any other individuals that might come into contact with our work.
Here are a few of our safety rules and steps we take to ensure our workers and surroundings are safe:
1. Require the use of helmets, safety glasses and other personal protective gear on all jobsites.
2. Make sure scaffolding, if needed, is properly erected and has been inspected for proper maintenance and safety.
3. Regularly inspect tools and equipment and conduct routine repairs so all are kept in working order.
4. Require use of fall-prevention equipment and check regularly for fall dangers.
5. Recognize the signs of chemical hazards and communicate about them.
6. Proper ways to get in and out of equipment and use of step ladders and stairs.
7. Keep workers cool/warm and the worksite clean.
We are proud of our zero-tolerance safety policy which includes:
· An insurance-approved safety program and plan for each project
· A certified safety officer to enact and enforce our safety programs
· Regular safety inspections
· Weekly safety meetings
· OSHA certifications for all employees
Glikas General Construction wants to discuss your project, your timeline and budget. We will work diligently to provide quality workmanship and to meet your expectations and deadlines. We would like an opportunity to explain our services and why we would be the best choice for your project.
Contact us at 575-935-9013, or email email@example.com, on the web: www.glikasenterprises.com, or on Facebook: www.facebook.com/GlikasEnterprisesLlcGeneralConstruction.